The ponderings of Miss McT

A collection of my ramblings...

Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Expensive exercise...

Over Christmas I sat on my ass *alot*. I did make sure I left the house at least once a day for some form of 'exercise' though that's probably not the appropriate word - 'movement' is probably more adept! Over the last few months I got much better with my eating habits - I'm even more fussy than ever about what I eat. I'm trying to 'monitor' what I put into my body a bit more and hopefully I'll reap the benefits. I used to have at least one chocolate bar a day and I'd managed to quash that but then Christmas happened, there was an abundance of chocolate and let's face it - chocolate is truly wonderful and a real comfort! Chocolate and tea - that's even better. Milky tea too! On the news yesterday they were telling us all that putting milk in your tea quashes the health benefits - that study was based on 16 people!!! Come back when you've got something a bit more substantial. *tut tut* But that's not the point - milky tea is a national treasure!

Anyway I totally went off on a tangent there...so I'm attempting to eat more healthily but I'm also pretty unfit. I've never been into sports or exercise really but when I've had my little fads (Davina's cardioboxing is awesome!) I have enjoyed it (I'd love a trampoline!) I decided to start walking to work as often as possible. I bought myself an mp3 player...love listening to music and thought it'd keep me motivated to walk. I can get a right march going to my music! Cost £45. This morning I didn't walk to work because Dad said it was going to rain and I didn't want a frizz-head (technical term!). After a long day at work I decided to walk home but that involved passing Monsoon with its massive '70% off' posters in the window, and I was feeling in need of some 'comfort' so I went in. Cost £27.

Yep, walking to work has so far cost me £72. I do love my mp3 player though - music when I want it and it's pink! And I'm walking so that's good, yeah?!

1 Comments:

  • At Friday, January 12, 2007, Blogger Mike said…

    So you've replaced comfort eating with comfort buying? :)

    You're walking home the long way if you're going past Monsoon. Go down Vane Terrace to Woodlands Road, down Woodland's Road to the roundabout, then turn left and walk down by the rong road all the way to Halfords. You're now at the bottom of Haughton Road without passing any shops!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home