The ponderings of Miss McT

A collection of my ramblings...

Monday, January 01, 2007

Happy New Year!

First off...here's to a wonderful 2007. Make it a good one :0)

So it's 2007 hey. That sounds so wrong - 2007 already. I can now say that it's 2 years since I graduated. I'll be 23 this year. 23! (Mike'll be 30 though - haha ;0P) I wonder what this year will bring and what (if anything!) I'll be writing here this time next year. Things could be oh so different or very similar - who knows what events will unfold over the next 12 months. Somethings will happen because I make them happen, others will be totally beyond my control...I guess it's quite an exciting thought really.

I usually hate new year and choose to stay away from any form of celebration. When you look at it logically it's just a date, but it becomes this massive deal (or is that just me?!). A new year, a new start, a time for change, a time for decisions etc etc. A time for much pondering - reviewing the previous year, expectations about the coming year - a big headache (often in more ways than one though here I refer to the tangled web of thoughts as opposed to the new year hangover)

Surprisingly this year turned out to be a pretty darn good one despite my usual reservations. I'd planned a quiet night in with good company, good food and drink and good banter, and that's how it began...

See I like to plan things meticulously - know exactly what I'm doing, when, who with - it's safe and comfortable that way! This is just me, annoying as it can be at times - I can get quite tetchy when unexpected things happen. I like to be in control (freak!) However I'm willing to admit my flaws!

Sometimes the best times are those that are unplanned...like my sister's arrival last night to drag us next door to the annual house party at numero uno. Off we went and a great time was had by all. No sitting thinking about things, no worrying about the year ahead, no fretting about things past - instead we just enjoyed the night for what it was. And it worked. So all in all a pretty good start to 2007. Thanks Becky, Pink and, of course, my darling iccle sis Joey.

Of course I haven't entirely put my thinkyness to one side. Don't be daft ;0) I don't make new year's resolutions - I only break them and then feel guilty. So instead I've decided to make a list of things I'd like to achieve this year - no pressure, just potential, no need to feel guilty...

So, in no particular order...

Do a photography course and make the time to go out and enjoy taking photos
Make a decision (not my strength!) about current 'career' situation and act on it!
Spend more time with my beautiful nieces
Improve my general level of fitness (currently very pathetic!)
Listen to the radio more
Spend more time with friends
Be more proactive in all areas of my life!!!

HAPPY 2007 ONE AND ALL :0D X

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home