The ponderings of Miss McT

A collection of my ramblings...

Sunday, January 28, 2007

An Escapade virgin no more...

Hmmm I don't think I was missing much there. I've always been quite proud of the fact that I'd never stepped foot in Escapade but tonight that all changed. I hang my head in shame! It wasn't as bad as it could have been. In fact I'd say Blu Bamboo still ranks lower.

However it did make me feel old - it was full of 15 year olds!!! I know I'm not old (far from it!) but I think I'm beyond that. And how come they're still playing all the dance tunes from the 90s - Corona, 2Unlimited, Venga boys - what's all that about?!! I used to dance around to those tunes in my friend's living room when I was about 9!

What makes it even funnier is that even though I got in about 1:30am, my parents still managed to stay out longer than me AND I ended up tucking my very drunk mum into bed. Ah the irony! She was all cute and giggly (though I don't think that's the state I'll find her in in the morning!!!)

Well I've been to Escapades and done Escapades now. Also went to Play Bar which I had thought would be really seedy (it has a bed in one of the rooms :0S) but I was pleasantly surprised. We all got nice and snug on the bed, and the decor was funky too.

Well I best be off for a bath. I refuse to get into bed stinking of smoke. Roll on April and the smoking ban. DISGUSTING!

1 Comments:

  • At Sunday, January 28, 2007, Blogger Mike said…

    "However it did make me feel old - it was full of 15 year olds!!! I know I'm not old"

    In a general studies lesson last week, we had to discuss what past generations would make of how we live today. One of the students asked me what life was like when my generation was young...

    (We then worked out that his parents were older than mine, and some of the group had brothers and sisters older than me, so I ended up feeling better.)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home