The ponderings of Miss McT

A collection of my ramblings...

Saturday, December 23, 2006

Sing your heart out...

Today I went through to the Sage in Gateshead to see the London Adventist Chorale. How civilised ;0) I'm not at all religious and all the songs were (obviously!) but it was absolutely amazing. There were 17 singers and the arrangements were just fantastic - made the hairs on the back of my neck stand on end. They were so passionate and truly were singing from the heart, with breathtaking results. I'm in awe!

The actual building itself is as impressive from the inside as it is from the outside. During the interval we stood and looked out onto the quayside - the sun was setting and it looked spectacular. It's pretty impressive how the quayside has been transformed in recent years. It really is stunning. Yay for the toon! Oh to have had a camera...

The train journeys either side weren't too hot - when I say the train was crammed I mean literally crammed! It was like being on the tube in London - this is one of the many reasons I wouldn't want to live in London. Can't say I'd fancy having armpits in my face everyday on the way to work!

Hmm so I still haven't finished my Christmas shopping - usually I'm so well organised but this year Christmas seems to have crept up without me even knowing. I'm so so so so glad this term is over - the last few weeks have been an almighty struggle.Now it's time to kick back and relax and enjoy my lovely family :0)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home