The ponderings of Miss McT

A collection of my ramblings...

Monday, November 27, 2006

Mock driving test numero dos...

Well it went better than the first one which you'd hope it would given that I've had much more practise since then. And as my instructor said "you were breathing this time" - always good! I managed to keep my cool this time and didn't panic (as much) when I stalled *eyes roll*

Did 3 manouvres instead of the usual 2 and if we say, hmmm I don't know... exclude the reverse park...then I would have passed ;0) Even though I did mount the kerb (dammit) during that one I did manage to correct myself realy well which makes me feel a little more confident about my ability *cough* My reverse round a corner was spot on and my turn in the road was so-so.

I know I can drive, it's just the blasted nerves that get in the way. Just need to make sure I look around LOTS, watch my speed and stay calm. Easier said than done but I know I *need* to have a more positive attitude towards it otherwise I'm setting myself up to fail. Self-fulfilling prophecies and all that. It's not like the pressure is there for me to pass right now, I think it's more the fact that I've never failed an exam before (I discount my E in GCSE IT ;0) and I don't like the idea of failing, even though it doesn't have any far reaching consequences.

I guess all I can do is try my hardest and if that's good enough, great, if it's not then I'll just have to keep trying until it is...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home