The ponderings of Miss McT

A collection of my ramblings...

Sunday, November 26, 2006

The curse of perfectionism...

Right, I've spent most of the day (when I've not been procrastinating or being jumped on by my delightful nieces) completing my counselling skills portfolio. We had to write a journal each week (10 week course) reflecting back on what we'd done each week etc etc. Being me I got behind with said journal writing and had almost 3 to complete this weekend. Also being me, I did not do the bare minimum of a typed sheet per week, no no no I had to do it 'properly' so they're mostly about 1200 words each!!! We're having computer 'issues' at the moment. The bloody thing just keeps conking out. So I've been mostly working on Tom's computer when he's at work. Anyway he got back from work so I vacated his computer accordingly and came back to the 'dodgy' one. I must have written a good 3000+ words today already but realised one of my other journals needed ammending and was in a different font (noooooooooo my perfectionist mind screamed, that can't be!) Due to said computer issues I've got stuff saved all over the place and in various e-mail accounts. I realised said journal was only saved at work (darn it!) but could not cope with the possibility of having 9 journals in one font and an odd one in another font. It just wouldn't do. So I just retyped the entire journal. Midway through the computer froze (again) so I had to restart it and retype the bit I'd lost. But I just had to you see. Now they all match. Even though only 3 people will be reading through my portfolio and they probably wouldn't even notice let alone be bothered in the slightest, it would have bugged me.

MIKE I DO NOT CARE IF THERE IS A WAY OF ACCESSING WORK STUFF FROM HOME. DO NOT TELL ME THIS NOW OR I WILL FEEL EVEN MORE RAGE! AND DO NOT SLATE MY VERY STEREOTYPICALLY FEMALE APPROACH TO SAID COMPUTER SITUATION. IN FUTURE I WILL SAVE ALL WORK ONTO THE MEMORY STICK I BOUGHT FOR THAT PURPOSE (LOVE YOU! ;0)

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home