The ponderings of Miss McT

A collection of my ramblings...

Sunday, December 10, 2006

Let it glow...

Last night I walked the Glow trail - a part of the NewcastleGateshead international festival of light (that was a mouthful!) The first electric lightbulb was invented in Newcastle so I guess it was a good choice of setting. Basically more than 60 buildings/landmarks were lit up in the festival colour of magenta and there were various light and sound installations by renowned international and regional artists. Newcastle looks fantastic lit up at night anyway, it's a stunning city, but it looked extra cool with all the colours and bizarre artworks. And, despite it being a saturday night, we were barely heckled at all. Woop woop.

My favourites...hmmm...there was a 'breathing building', a fabulous kaleidoscope of images from across the local area which ran to a funky sondtrack and an awesome short film involving children and extreme weather! Dammit I wish I could describe them properly but I think it'll take too many words (and I'm not concise at the best of times!) so you'll just have to take my word for it (though I'll probably ramble on a bout it if/when I do see you ;0)

I took a few photos which I'll put up on Ringo. I *wish* I had an amazing camera (and some skill!) so I could have taken better ones. As it stands they're all pretty blurred but actually look pretty cool because of all the colours, so all is not lost. I've worked out how to take failry ok-ish photos in the dark *but* it requires a steady hand and, well, it was a bit chilly!

Stayed over at my friend Jo's and she made me breakfast in bed! She came in with a tray - there was a pretty little bowl with sliced apple, red grapes and apple crumble all beautifully arranged and smothered with yoghurt, and fruit juice. It was soooo nice :0) Then headed to lovely Durham and went to the Trevs' Christmas concert so I'm feeling suitable festive. Breakfast in bed, ahhhhh!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home