The ponderings of Miss McT

A collection of my ramblings...

Saturday, February 10, 2007

Bleurghtastic...

I was just watching Dick and Dom's Comic Relief Countdown (as you do on a saturday morning!) and I saw one of the most minging things my fish phobic self has had to endure. It was a clip from the early 90s of a small child holding a live trout. It was squirming alot (as you would if you were a fish out of water) and it slid up the child's hands and into his MOUTH!!!!!!!! It went in as far as its fin...that's some way in given the smallness of said child's mouth. How utterly minging is that?!!! A live trout in his mouth. Live. In his mouth. Slimy live trout in his mouth. *shudder*

Then they did the whole emotive film clip to show the audience why Comic Relief exists and all the great work they do. It gets me every time. I was sat blubbing after a clip which lasted about a minute. There was a little girl who'd been living on the streets on Addis Ababa with her older sister until they'd been separated. The film followed the younger girl's search for her sibling and as you'd expect the reunion was heartwrenching stuff. So do your bit for Comic Relief but don't fall for stupid fads created by profit hungry companies. Stick with cash donations then at least you can be a bit more confident that your money is going where you want it to and not to line some executives pockets further.

4 Comments:

  • At Saturday, February 10, 2007, Blogger Mike said…

    You should probably make that link point to the specific post on Chris' site, otherwise it'll make no sense when people click on it and see some rant about star signs, Lost, not being able to snowboard in England or photoshop.

     
  • At Saturday, February 10, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    It won't let me log in cos I have to change to new blogger and I need a google account to do that but it keeps putting in mum and dad's gmail account details and I want my own and it's annoying me so i've given up. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr! You can help your stupid sister when you come round X

     
  • At Saturday, February 10, 2007, Blogger Mike said…

    Bless.

     
  • At Monday, February 12, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Yay, I did it, I did it. Hooray for me!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home