The ponderings of Miss McT

A collection of my ramblings...

Wednesday, November 01, 2006

A week in the life of...

In the summer of 2004 I got my digital camera and I've never looked back since. The digital era is well and truly upon us. I have so many photos from my final year at uni and it's great to sift through them and get all nostalgic. There are some really special people, places and memories captured in those millions of pixels! Since I graduated (with the exception of last summer when I went interrailing) I've not really taken a great number of photos, well not compared with the rate I was snapping back then. At uni there were formals and balls - the sorts of things people feel should be photographed. Events - that's what we tend to capture - birthdays, Christmas, nights out.

I got to thinking about all those moments we don't capture - those "I wish I had a camera with me right now" moments in our everyday comings and goings. So I decided to set myself some half-term homework! I took my camera with me everywhere I went whether I was meeting up with friends or walking my dog Kelly. Not only did I get some great photos, I also really enjoyed the experience. I found myself taking more notice of my surroundings, almost as if I was seeking photo opportunities. Walking back from town is usually pretty mundane - I see alot of cars and inhale alot of fumes! But last week I found I was more open to the sights around me because my little mission was always in the back of my mind. One of my best photos was taken while walking back from town. I forgot about the cars and the fumes and enjoyed taking in a beautiful sunset over the town centre. Another of my favourites is of St Andrew's graveyard. As I was stepping off the bus after a trip into town I was faced such a pretty scene - the sun was streaming into the graveyard through the autumn trees and the colours were stunning. I instantly wished I had my camera with me and for once I did! If you're interested to see my week in pictures, they're all up on Ringo (search for me and you should find my pics). Go see! From now on I'll be taking my camera out more often... :0)

I'm still listening to Patrick Park! I listened to a bit of Damien Rice 'O' last night because I've just preordered his new album '9'. It's been 4 years since 'O' was first released. The initial reviews suggest that there's not much progression with this new album, it's more of the same. That's absolutely fine with me!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home